performers through best practice processes
- Training overview presents the process as left-frame navigation at all times.
- Focuses the performer on the specific decisions and information required at each step in
the process, to be sure nothing is forgotten or misinterpreted.
- Provides consistent process and system operation instruction and support, particularly
useful for performers in satellite offices who only perform the task occasionally.
2. Establishes, or aids in establishing, goals
- Focuses on mandatory information, and encourages thinking about quality and completeness
in relation to that information.
- Provides, where appropriate, checklists for the performer to use when interacting
directly with the mainframe system, so the performer understands what is required to
3. Minimizes terminology translation or interpretation
- Reduces or eliminates the use of cryptic codes, number sequences and abbreviations for
data entry provides commonly-used language and explanations.
4. Provides access to supporting and learning resources
- Expandable, intranet-based training overview gives the performer structured information
that supports particular aspects of the tasks.
- Provides direction for contacting help desk and training staff as required.
- Discussing "phase 2" inclusion of direct links to external web-based
resources, such as the Centers for Disease Controls diagnostic/ICD9 reference
materials, and online reference material from the major insurance companies.
5. Focuses on task(s), processes, and the natural flow of work
- Supports the business process inherent in the Invision system, but makes key decisions
and information requirements overt to the performer, rather than buried amidst a
plethora of mainframe fields.
6. Stretches the PCD/EPSS paradigm
- Illustrates a low-cost, highly-focused intervention in a traditional mainframe
- Integrates intranet resources, guided task support and direct interventions via Wizards.
- Reduces the number of actions a performer has to take and makes sure that the
actions taken are seen to be relevant to the task at hand.
Return to the top of the page
Hurley Medical Center: Guru Wizards for Invision
the users solution